Welcome to everything you need to know about commissioning this important and topical workshop!
Each participant will also automatically receive SD's certificate of attendance, either in hard copy or electronically - or both if you wish!.
Please find all the information about the workshop below,
This useful, practical workshop addresses one of the most unmet needs in diabetes care - how to provide excellent diabetes care in Care Home and Home Care settings. There are often multiple staff of all grades and backgrounds and residents and clients with more than one condition and/or experiencing multiple care needs. Diabetes can impact on other conditions, as well as needing regular attention itself, so it is particularly important for staff to be aware and attentive to diabetes care needs, in order to keep residents and clients in optimum health and wellbeing
This workshop supports participants to gain more practical knowledge of diabetes itself, eating and drinking, medication, monitoring, foot checks and the need for care plans. Most importantly, the workshop helps them learn from and with each other and to devise a workable action plan for future developments.
Participants will leave with new knowledge and confidence to manage diabetes and diabetes related situations with residents and clients, and resources to put in place systems and processes to support this in their place of work. They will have participated in an enjoyable learning experience provided by experts in diabetes, education and facilitation
Comments from recent workshop participants
- "The quality of this training was superb. I look forward to taking my new found knowledge back to the care home. A very enjoyable day, thank you!
- Overall very helpful and detailed course
- Excellent; very good awareness
- The event was very nice and a learning experience
- Thank you it was really interesting
- Very effective
- Would like to encourage every care worker to attend this course
- Interesting and informative. Thank you!
- Was very useful!
- Very informative – interesting. I have learned more about this condition today and I will feedback to the team. Trainers very engaging as were the activities. Good to share practice and issues with other attendees"
This is a one-day workshop, running from 9.30am to 4.00pm. Participants do not need any particular preparation and can be of all grades and experience
Workshop Costs (for up to 30 participants in the UK)
This workshop costs £1600, including all facilitator costs and travel and excluding venue and equipment, refreshments and participant attendance and expenses.
This workshop automatically includes take-home resources and a certificate of attendance
Please note: this workshop can be provided for an individual Care Home or Care Agency; we will be delighted to make a cost proposal tailored to your needs
For more information and to book your workshop contact us at